Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Power Needs: Power Packs

I always have a power pack, with me, for power needs, even if I am living mobile in my RV. Right now, I am using two. I keep one on the floorboard, in front of the passenger seat. And I keep one in the backseat, on the floor, or in the back of the truck. I use them to keep my laptop, cell phone, etc charged up. I keep the power packs, themselves, charged up by plugging them into the DC power receptacle when I am driving.
I would highly recommend these two power packs. They are my current ones:

#1  xanrex xpower 600
Xantrex 852-2000 XPower 600 HD Powerpack
I bought this one through Amazon two years ago. It jump starts another battery and has outlets for AC and DC, and has a light and radio.  It's totally quiet.

#2 Energizer 84020 12V All-in-one I just ordered and received this one from Amazon. This one has large colorful dials and buttons, all real well labeled. In addition to jump starting another battery, it has an inverter which powers the air compressor. It can air up tires and air mattresses etc. It does make a noise when turning that part on. This battery has a light that pivots on a rod that bends. It does not have the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment